Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Transmission Designer- Lenexa, Phoenix, Portland, Raleigh and Fairfield in Lenexa, Kansas
Date: Oct 1, 2017
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 63284
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Lead the development and review of transmission design criteria; design transmission line projects using Power Line Systems (PLS) software suite.
• Continuously learn and apply transmission standards and specifications from multiple clients; provide ongoing training and mentorship to team designers.
• Develop transmission standards and specifications.
• Prepare documentation and deliverables for construction packages.
• Prepare transmission studies and reports.
• At least 5-8 years’ related experience with PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE and SAG10
• Proficient with AutoCAD and/or Micro-station
• Ability to take the lead on projects with minimal supervision and direction
• Associate’s degree in engineering, engineering technology (or equivalent) or relevant certification
• Experience with Geography Information Systems (GIS) and Mapping programs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Geology, GIS, Information Systems, Wastewater, Engineering, Technology