TRC Companies Principal/Senior Project Manager-Environmental (Landfill design focus) in Los Angeles, California
Principal/Senior Project Manager-Environmental (Landfill design focus)
TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the environmental, energy, and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a Principal/Senior Project Manager to join our EHS, Engineering, Construction & Remediation (ECR) Practice team in either our Los Angeles or Irvine, CA office. The position requires a strong technical, business development, and financial background and a solid reputation of building and maintaining key client relationships.
- Serve as California Professional Engineer (PE) of record for local landfill design projects
- Develop and maintain a book of business along with a billable utilization target.
- Direct, manage, and monitor multiple project budgets, scopes and schedules for regulatory submittals and other consulting documents.
- Work to cross-sell TRC services and increase business from existing accounts.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities, and deliver responsive, high quality services.
- Review RFPs/RFQs and prepare proposals and statement of qualifications.
Background and Experience Required:
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering at a minimum. California professional engineering license (PE) required.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience of demonstrated success in landfill design, project management and business development.
The following experience is desirable:
landfill redevelopment and coordination of liner system with re-use as residential/commercial development
- hazardous waste containing landfill closure
- methane abatement or landfill off-gas experience
Experience in Southern California region with Title 27, DTSC landfill closure; LA County LEA, CalRecycle (Integrated Waste Board), LA County CUPA, and LA County Health Department, LA-RWQCB, SCAQMD and with Rule 1150 SCAQMD
Demonstrated track record in client development in a seller/doer environmental consulting services business model required.
- Principal/Senior Project Manager with an environmental consulting/engineering firm that has project experience in environmental investigations, remediation, environmental compliance, due diligence, and other environmental matters. Demonstrated experience in preparing proposals and executing work.
- Responsible for cross-selling and increasing business from accounts under management. Will work with other company project managers and sales professionals on creating efficient business development strategies for new and existing clients.
- Ability to interface well with and develop a rapport and positive relationship with our clients and employees.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Los Angeles, CA - LOS