Microsoft Corporation Senior Design Strategist in Redmond, Washington
The Senior Design Strategist serves as a contributing and lead member of the design agenda team. Our team is looking for an operational guru who will work closely with a team of PMs, UI designers, user researchers, design managers, brand marketers and software engineers in a highly collaborative environment. The main area of focus will be on cultivating and incubating a roadmap of experiences that interweave Inclusive Design across business, design and technology. You must have strong experience with product teams, and have strong experience with identifying relevant customer, cultural and commercial insights and translating these insights into consumer experiences.
Our team needs a candidate who:
• Shows an entrepreneurial spirit who see’s opportunity, cultivates it, and makes it real.
• Who demonstrates holistic experiences, and considers the system, the whole must be greater than the sum of the parts.
• Learns thru experiments, embraces the unfamiliar, try’s new things, and transforms ideas into tangible solutions.
• Possesses a pervasive curiosity in the intersection of design, technology, strategy, and bringing narratives to life through multiple channels
• Has the ability to independently bring new thinking into the ideation process and to manage cross-functional teams/agencies in the development of creative ideas and assets
• Has a desire and ability to proactively develop relationships with cross-functional teams
• Has a passion for human behavior and the communication development process
• Naturally has a comfort with high autonomy and jumping into the unknown on large scale projects
• Demonstrates a hunger for big picture strategy and the details of getting a job done including production and execution
• Works very autonomous independent contributor who thrives working with multiple projects at once
• Displays work samples including both strategic and operational planning
• Leverage Inclusive Design methodologies
• Partner closely with product teams in Windows and across the company to operationalize this practice across all facets of the product development cycle. (This includes strong operational work and an ability to dive in and out of various parts of the design process with ease.)
• Influence product teams directly through crafting curriculum, preparing for and moderating workshops, partnering with individual product teams to make it real.
• Develop operational plans and communication cadences for key stakeholders
• Frame, and, re-frame challenges and set the course for compelling services and products that deliver tangible impact across a wide range of issues like education, gaming, productivity, personal computing, etc.
• Create self-serve activities as appropriate to help scale individual engagements
• 8+ years’ experience facilitating group and creating self-serve individual learning experiences for multiple cross discipline product teams
• 5+ years’ experience with managing product lifecycles and complicated initiatives with multiple partners and dependencies at once
• 5+ years’ experience with advanced qualitative research methodologies and applying them directly to organizations for culture change or in product. (This includes creating stimuli and workshop from research, not simply insights presentations and deeply working with product teams to ideate from those insights.)
• Successful track record of leading large engineering teams to deliver on business value
• Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity
• Deep expertise in design thinking/human-centered design
• Deep intellectual rigor and ability to immediately deep dive into the Inclusive Design curriculum
• Exceptional ability to build a business case and work with cross-discipline leaders to implement
• Preferred education: Master’s degree or in-depth experience in Service Design, User Experience, Industrial Design, Communication Design, Architecture, Psychology, Business, Research/Ethnography, Information Science or other relevant discipline
• Consulting or agency experience is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
User experience (engineering)