Apple Analog Layout Designer in Santa Clara Valley, California
Analog Layout Designer
Job Number: 113124865
Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
Weekly Hours: 40.00
As a member of the layout team, you will be working on the latest technology nodes to create world-class custom analog designs. This is a fast paced work environment with endless learning opportunities working on a multi-disciplinary team with members of design, integration, CAD and technology engineering.
Typically requires more than 8 years of experience in analog/mixed-signal layout design of deep sub-micron CMOS circuits.
Experience implementing analog layouts to achieve tight matching, low noise, and low power consumption. Layouts may include analog blocks, resistors, capacitors, pad IOs, ESD structures, etc.
High level of proficiency in custom and standard cell based floor-planning and hierarchical layout assembly.
Must understand techniques for managing IR drop, RC delay, electromigration, self heating and coupling capacitance.
Must recognize failure prone circuit and layout structures, have experience with analog and DFM best practices, and proactively work with circuit designer to identify the best approach to solving problems.
High level proficiency in interpretation of CALIBRE DRC, ERC, LVS, etc. reports.
Knowledge of MENTOR GRAPHICS or CADENCE layout tools.
Scripting skills in PERL or SKILL are considered a plus, but not required.
Excellent communication skills and able to work with cross-functional teams.
As a member of the AMS layout team you will be responsible to deliver fully-verified, clean layout, this includes the following:
• Designing complex layout for mixed signal, and analog circuits in deep sub-micron CMOS technologies.
• Reviewing and analyzing floorplans and complex circuits with circuit designers.
• Running complete set of design verification tools available on AMS blocks.
• Working with circuit design team to plan/schedule work and negotiate any necessary layout tradeoffs as needed.
• Interpreting LVS, DRC and ERC reports to find the fastest way to complete layout.
• Exceeding engineering specifications and expectations by working closely with the circuit design team.
• Utilizing advanced CAD tools and mask design knowledge to deliver correct and robust layout that meet stringent matching performance, area and power requirements.
BS Degree, or equivalent