Amazon.com Sr. UX Designer, K-12 in Seattle, Washington
Amazon is changing the way educators consume and share teaching and learning resources. We’re looking for a strong individual contributor that can provide leadership in UX and can help foster a strong sense of team as well as the broader Amazon design community. The scope of your projects will be broad and deep, simplifying complex solutions that improve the way students learn.
As a fast-growing group within Amazon, we look for self-starters who thrive in a quick-paced environment and showing an eagerness to learn new things. If you have the energy to help solve big problems, the passion to help change the future of our country by improving education, and a can-do attitude then we would love to hear from you.
· Lead the design of an Amazon Education web product
· Conduct investigative research and moderate usability studies to identify and inform key design issues and advocate for the best solutions for our users
· Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications, and final visual design
· Leverage and establish best practices to deliver best-in-class customer experiences tailored for different devices
· Work alongside engineers, product managers, customer success and marketing team members through all stages of the product cycle
· Evangelize design best practices to the entire Amazon Education team
7+ years of UX Design experience
Strong online portfolio with demonstrated examples of designing great user-centered experiences and applications
Fluency using research, design and prototyping tools
Demonstrated visual design expertise; capacity for creating engaging and usable designs and layouts with a propensity towards simplification
Ability to scope design initiatives accurately, prioritize work items appropriately, and meet project deadlines
Knowledge of how design impacts development; a knack for constructing dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible and prudent
Masters Degree in visual/graphic design, HCI, interaction design, or related field preferred. May be substituted with significant industry experience and accomplishments.
· 3+ years mobile experience
· Experience in K-12 education technology
· A passion for making a difference in K-12 education in the US; this isn’t just something we say, it’s a big deal to us because it’s a really big problem we’re trying to solve
· An enthusiasm, that borders on obsession, for the details, nuances, and challenges of designing intuitive and thoughtful experiences
· Understanding of how design and development impact each other, and enough familiarity with the underlying technology to make informed tradeoffs
· Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills; demonstrated success in building buy-in for an innovative, bold, strategic vision
· Experience creating style guides, pattern libraries, and other design solutions that drive design across different organizations
· Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
· Unflappable good humor, courtesy, and the ability to build rapport with stakeholders, designers, developers, and leaders
· Talent for crafting imaginative and innovative design solutions while maintaining user expectations through pattern consistency and interaction harmony
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
AMZR Req ID: 513686
External Company URL: www.amazon.com