EMC Publishing LLC Marketing Design Specialist in St. Paul, Minnesota
Responsible for the design of visual communication materials and related marketing items for the k-12 markets. Requires specialized knowledge of design trends and techniques to create attractive, high-impact designs for print and digital marketing collateral.
Uses a variety of industry-standard hardware and software applications. Must be adept at reviewing creative briefs in order to execute all marketing initiatives from concept to packaged, press-ready files. Requires a high-level of proficiency in page layout, typography, illustration, photography manipulation, and multimedia software.
Requires problem-solving abilities to a degree where each design project is not seen in isolation, but rather the “bigger picture” in a creative campaign in order to be implemented across all markets and all mediums. Also requires exceptional teamwork and time-management skills.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position will work closely with product managers and the marketing specialist to ensure that all projects are on brand and executed within expectations. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment and maintain a high level of professionalism, courtesy, and ethics.
This position will be located in St. Paul, MN. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs communications and marketing collateral from concept to completion (press-ready), including emails, flyers, self-mailers, brochures, postcards, catalogs, signage, advertisements, etc.
- Create page layouts per specified design requirements, format copy, and position graphics; as needed, update files
- throughout the traditional and electronic editorial process.
- Organize and move projects along seamlessly through the work process from start to completion. o Prepare mockups on request for specified projects.
- Standardize creative efficiencies across all channels and markets to minimize production costs and duplication efforts.
- Organize and manage library of brand assets, including logos, photos, templates, etc.
- Designs in-house collateral, including sales decks, training tools, presentation resources, etc.
- Submits projects to Purchasing, while adhering to their various requirements and specifications, and approve and correct print and digital proofs.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Graphic/Web Design or related field
- 3 – 5 years of professional experience as a designer
- Agency experience a plus
Qualifications, Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Proficient in current versions of industry-standard software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote).
- Working knowledge of printing processes, electronic publishing, and web design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications—Word and PowerPoint, in particular.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently on a team, as well as independently.
- Strong conceptual skills and creative brief interpretation.
- Strong design style, including creative design solutions.
- Strong knowledge of design for print and digital marketing collateral.
- Knowledge of collecting, uploading, downloading and transmitting digital files to internal and external teams
- Understanding of and experience in corporate branding and guidelines and how to implement effectively across all mediums.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet hard deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Extremely detailed-oriented and possesses solid organizational skills.
- Ability to positively accept constructive criticism and feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to keep key project leaders apprised of project status and manage expectations of different marketing personnel’s project timelines given department resources.
EMC Publishing offers market-competitive salary with excellent benefits.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your salary requirements, resume and cover letter and apply through
No phone calls please.
EMC Publishing LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
EMC Publishing, LLC is committed to providing Equal opportunity to all applicants. In accordance with our policies and federal law, we’re committed to provide reasonable accommodations so if you are a qualified disabled person, a disabled veteran or have other barriers to access our online application system, please contact Human Resources at 651-290-2800 to discuss alternative ways to apply for employment.