Solutions By Design II, LLC User Interface / User Experience (UI-UX) Web Designer in Fairfax, Virginia
SBD is looking for a talented *User Interface / User Experience (UI/UX) Web Designer *to create amazing user experiences for our Federal Health IT client at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design. They should also have superior user interface design skills. The successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
The UI/UX Web Designer will be part of a large, high performing team building a new enterprise web-enabled business application. This includes the design, development, test, and implementation of new functionalities including migration of data from the legacy system.
- Collaborate with product management, development and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- 7+ years progressively increasing experience in software development
- 2+ years experience in Agile delivery
- Candidates must demonstrate strong oral and written communications and be able to work in fast-paced, highly collaborative Agile team environment.
- Demonstrated success in building meaningful and productive relationships with colleagues, customers and business partners.
- Proven experience with Axure web design tool
- Proven UI experience as a Web Designer
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or a Visual Arts subject
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Interaction design/information architecture
- Prior experience supporting Federal agencies including HHS, CMS or other health IT business domain.
- Knowledge and experience with CMS-specific lifecycles a plus (e.g., XLC).
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
Location: Fairfax, VA
Date Posted: Date Posted: