Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions Experience/ Human Factors Designer in Fishkill, New York
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and creative Experience/ Human Factors Designer for their leading medical device manufacturing company, based in Dutchess County, NY. As the Experience/ Human Factors Designer, you will work with all aspects of the user experience, from early phase exploration through finished output, to improve the usability, accessibility, and effectiveness of life-saving programs and services.
This is a Full Time, Direct-Hire position, in which you will earn $70,000 - $75,000 per year, based on experience, in addition to bonus incentives, an excellent benefits package, and opportunity to advance within the organization.
If you are an out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for creating the ultimate holistic user experience, and you meet the requirements below, apply now for immediate consideration.
What you’ll do as the Experience/ Human Factors Designer:
• Research, document, visualize and evaluate user journeys, including needs and requirements
• Use performance metrics, ideation, and conceptualization to understand how service delivery can be improved
• Design, prototype, and develop complete user experiences
• Work closely with program design, implementation, and support teams to ensure alignment in approach
• Process measurement and improvement
• User testing and program validation
• Additional responsibilities as assigned
What you’ll need to be the Experience/ Human Factors Designer:
• Bachelor’s degree in Service Design, Industrial Design, or similar; Master’s degree preferred
• At least 2 years of related experience in Service Design, User Experience (UX) Design, Human Factors Design, Interaction Design, or similar
• Thorough insight and experience in all aspects of design methodology
• Strong prototyping skills
• Experience working in a multidisciplinary team
• Experience process mapping from the customer’s perspective
• Experience in planning and execution of user tests and design validation
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.