Dow Jones & Co. Senior Product Designer, Lead for WSJ Editorial Tools in New York, New York
The Wall Street Journal
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a senior digital product designer to join our Design and UX team to lead the design for our editorial tools. In this position you will be working alongside designers, ux researchers, product managers, engineers and editors to build tools that power The Wall Street Journal, from the paper to the web to our mobile apps. You should be an excellent communicator, self-starter, and collaborative enthusiast. In this role you will be reporting to the Design Director, Web.
Responsibilities and what you'll do
- Work within the inhouse Design and UX team to design, prototype, and develop solutions for internal editorial tools and WSJ.com
- Work closely with product managers, engineers and editors to implement and deliver final products
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions with prototypes, test ideas with our ux team, and refine designs with data and user feedback
- Document detailed interaction models and UI specifications
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across all WSJ digital products
- Further develop and help implement the WSJ design language system
- 7+ years experience designing user-interfaces for content-rich native apps
- Familiar with web design best practices and the latest accessibility standards
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Skilled with Sketch, InVision and other design & prototyping tools
- Good understanding of current web and app technologies