FirstService Residential Community Design and Review Specialist in San Diego, California
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
The Community Design and Review (CDR) Specialist will serve as the point of contact assisting with the everyday inquiries and needs of homeowners, primarily specific to violation and architectural application questions and processing. This person will serve as Architectural Review Committee liaison, assist with compliance issues, attend scheduled Committee meetings and perform various administrative duties to support the association and community management team(s) as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintenance of accurate and complete records as required to properly and effectively implement the Enforcement and Architectural Programs. This includes homeowner computer files, violation reports and correspondence, hearing correspondence, plan submittals (pending, approved and denied), homeowner correspondence, tract maps noting status of each lot, etc.
- Direct liaison for architectural and violation needs of several communities.
- Maintain awareness of Architectural/Design Review Guidelines and other Governing Documents that are related to ACC/DRC activities, take minutes during DRC meetings, and prepare responses to applications for residents.
- Interacts and follows up with all Board and/or Committee members and homeowners regarding architectural and/or enforcement issues of the association when necessary.
- Consistent use and maintenance of information in Connect, Tasks, ADRC and other FirstService database programs as assigned.
- Submit all charge-backs for association(s) via chargeback systems, including but not limited to violation fines and architectural submission fees per the clients' management contracts.
- Perform site reviews and related correspondence and follow-up as assigned.
- Provide "buddy system" backup for assigned buddies during absences.
- Maintain and update accurate backup binder.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to drive to other work locations, perform site reviews, pick up supplies, etc.
- Coordinate Design Review/Architectural Committee or Landscape Modification Application process, collect application forms and supporting documents, enter data in Connect, and prepare material for DRC consideration.
- Prepares for and attends all Architectural/Design Review Committee meetings and Covenant/ERC Committee meetings as designated by association requirements
- Preparation and distribution of monthly reports and agenda packets.
- Complete company training as assigned, attend all mandatory company functions, and adhere to FirstService Standards of Operation, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain an organized workspace according to company procedures.
- Greet walk-in clients as appropriate.
- Other projects, opportunities or assignments as may be deemed needed and appropriate for this position
Education & Experience
High School Diploma; College Degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies * Excellent customer service background/skills * Ability to maintain confidentiality * Professional representative of FirstService Residential * Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and listening * Collaborative decision-making, relationship building and problem solving skills * Organizational and time management abilities * High level of attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled