Nvidia Senior Circuit Designer in Santa Clara, California
We are looking for a senior circuit designer
Nvidia has continuously reinvented itself over two decades. Our invention of the GPU in 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing. NVIDIA is a “learning machine” that constantly evolves by adapting to new opportunities that are hard to solve, that only we can pursue, and that matter to the world. This is our life’s work, to amplify human creativity and intelligence. We are looking for you.
You will work on the design and development of our next generation of standard cell libraries.
As part of the Digital IP Team, you will work with other team members on the new process design challenges.
You will have the chance to create novel low power and high performance circuits, and develop in-house design and verification flows for standard cells that would be used on all the Nvidia products.
What you'll be doing:
You'll work on the state of the art processor design in advanced technologies, and on standard cell library design and development
Drive the concepts of the transistor level circuit design, modeling and performance analysis process
Model the single event effects and perform flip-flop failure analysis
Collaborate with the support development of tools using Perl/Python
As a team, we will have creative new ideas to support existing tools and flows
Develop new simulations to perform flops margin/distortion evaluations
You'll have a voice to collaborate with cross function teams with regards to library issues
We will improve on our quality checks on the library work you're doing
What we need to see:
- MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, with 38 years of experience is helpful
- Strong background in deep submicron process issues
- Proven experience on transistor-level circuit design and circuit behavior analysis
- Deep understanding of the design, verification and characterization of standard cell libraries
- Deep understanding on generating performance/power/margin data of the standard cells, validation of data and QA process
- Familiar with EMIR/Aging/Self heating and their impacts to circuit/layout implementations and signoff flows
- Expert with ASIC design semi-custom and full-custom flow
- Hands-on experience running SPICE simulation, and capability to adapt to new simulation tools
- Strong proficiency in scripting language, such as, Perl, Tcl, Make, and automation methods/algorithms a certain plus
- Your excellent writing and reporting skills
- An excellent teammate with strong communication and analytical skills
- You can learn quickly, are self-driven, and are results-oriented
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Posted 10 Days Ago
- Full time