Accenture Fjord Visual Designer in Canada
Title: Fjord Visual Designer Location: Canada-Canada Job Number: 00569277
At Fjord, visual design is the heartbeat of our design practice. Our designers identify user needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Visual designers work collaboratively with UX and Content Design teams, absorbing the project’s needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client’s brand in an engaging way. As a Visual Designer, you’ll be accountable for concepts, strategies, and visual design artifacts at the project level.
As a team, we:
• Articulate the story and vision clearly in the service of our discipline.
• Consistently push ourselves toward groundbreaking design thinking.
• Demonstrate how unconventional thinking leads to world-class design.
As a Visual Designer, you:
• Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
• Understand Visual Design as a discipline and a practice.
• Explain and discuss design decisions eloquently, and give design feedback.
• Contribute to the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
• Work closely with design, technology, and project management to ensure the design meets creative, strategy, and project objectives.
• Design mood boards, comps, concept sketches, presentation decks, style guides, and storyboards under direction of the project’s Creative Lead.
• Share in client presentations, as appropriate and assigned.
• Understand brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved. Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touchpoints.
• Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
Working together, we will:
• Unite and inspire designers, creating world-class work.
• Consistently create and elevate brilliant design thinking in our studio and beyond.
• Collaborate on products and services that build the business and change the way our clients think about design.
Set yourself apart:
• Intermediate command of standard design applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch, InVision); experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
• Strong digital design portfolio with examples of mobile and touch work that demonstrate conceptual problem solving and the ability to define look and feel for integrated experiences.
• Intermediate awareness of delivery methodologies with an emphasis on agile.
• Ability to utilize feedback/direction from the Creative Lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate those designs to the satisfaction of the Creative Lead.
• Ability to speak professionally in client presentations.
• 2-3 years of design experience, preferably at a digital agency (graduate-level study may count toward 1-2 years of professional experience).
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Visual Design.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe that design can solve complex problems by focusing on solutions and big ideas. At Fjord, this work is the cornerstone and the catalyst for products and services that change the world. We’re inspired every day to bring meaningful experiences into the world, and we’re looking for people who want to collaborate and do their best work with us. If this sounds like a place you want to be, consider this your invitation to join us.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. Accenture is committed to providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed forces.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients our employees must be available to travel when needed.