Crown Castle Circuit Design Specialist in United States
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 60,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P; 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $60 billion.
Position Title: Circuit Design Specialist
The Circuit Design Specialist is responsible for the design and creation of Ethernet and DIA services. The role also collaborates and provides support to our Outside Plant Records (OSPR) team and Field Operations Installers. In addition, they serve as the subject matter expert of the design supporting service delivery specialists, project managers, and operations prior or during installation of a customer circuit.
Essential Job Functions
- Establishes design for all Layer 1 topologies supporting basic to complex implementations of enterprise or wholesale requests.
- Review and analyze order requirements to ensure design guidelines for implementation meet requirements set forth by Network Planning or otherwise approved on individual case basis.
- Designate Pop locations for network connectivity and splicing for complex or specific requests of design needs for optimal design of circuit path.
- Create bill of materials and order as needed for each service instance using classified geographic work orders. Accuracy is imperative to support capital expenditure tracking in relation to its geographic deployment.
- Review bandwidth requirements of order and reserve port capacity as needed.
- Establish IP assignment and object creation in EMS to equipment slated for each implementation based on OSPF architecture rules.
- Work with OSPR as needed to optimally plot physical route(s) of a service to ensure protection schemes and/or individual case needs are required.
- Update internal tracking sheets and logs related to circuit design records shared with Network Engineering.
- Conduct final review and sign off within workflow through comparison of design to physical spliced route and ensure records match.
- Flag jeopardies identified during order handling in support of continuous improvement methodology and efficiency practices.
- Provide feedback, and solution for improved design implementation if applicable compared to initial pre-sales design.
- Support Field Operations installation team as subject matter expert pertaining to design inquiries of circuit and/or any special requirements that apply.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s degree in Telecommunications or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Certifications from Cisco, Juniper, Ciena OC-A, OC-P preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a Carrier, ISP or Telecom environment
- Understanding of Ethernet/DIA, IP solutions
- Experience in Ethernet, IP, Sonet and WDM circuits
- Intermediate knowledge of concepts and application of SONET, Ethernet, DIA, Waves, and converged service solutions
- Knowledge, understanding, and application of telecom language relating to the business and it’s translation to parties unfamiliar with the terminology
- Ability to multi-task, and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy
- Critical thinking, analyzing, and application of circuit design topologies in a converged network
- Knowledge of industry standard electronics as it pertains to legacy and present day Telecom carrier deployments
Reports to: Manager
_Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): _N/A
Working Conditions: Works in normal office setting 95% of the time, may travel to other Crown Castle offices,Carrier locations or customer sites.
Additional Information*_:_* N/A
Posting Location: FL - Miami
# of openings: 1