Veritas Principal UX Designer in United States
Today there are over 7 billion people on planet Earth and together we create up to 3 exabytes of new digital data every single day. Estimates show that in five years the digital universe will exceed 40 ZB of data. To be clear, 1 ZB or zettabyte equals 1 billion terabytes. If you tried to download 40 ZB of data today, it would take around 2 billion years. Needless to say, that’s a lot of people with a lot of information.
Veritas is a proven leader in the Enterprise Information Management space, and our mission is to enable our clients to harness the power of all that information. We know that infrastructure is important, but information is what matters most.
Come join our brand new UX organization at Veritas, as we grow our group of outstanding UX Designers and User Researchers to gear up for new challenges. Today, our responsibilities include defining company-wide vision for UX, helping cement our position as leaders in data management across cloud and on-prem platforms, and collaborating across the company to bring our best ideas together in new and innovative ways.
The Principal UX Designer will lead virtual teams of designers, researchers, and developers in collaborative explorations that add value to new and existing products and services. You will manage multiple projects in parallel, with minimal supervision, and seek out new projects that support larger business goals. You will produce fully-developed, cutting-edge design concepts, using research and design-thinking methodologies that elevate expectations for Veritas UX. You will be a senior member of the Veritas UX Community who leads company-wide UX initiatives, contributes to our UI standards and guidelines and mentors junior team members.
The position offers great opportunities for individual creativity and innovation as well as the benefits of a diverse, supportive and growing design community. We need your passion for design and ability to work across functional boundaries as we continue to create compelling user experiences and innovative new products at Veritas.
This position can reside in either of our brand new facilities in San Francisco or Santa Clara!
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Lead fast-paced design brainstorming and ideation sessions with cross-disciplinary teams that result in breakthrough UX design innovations for future Veritas products and services
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that effectively communicate interaction and design concepts
- Lead virtual teams of developers, visual designers, user researchers, and product management to create product and service experiences that delight our customers
- Explore new concepts that allow us to better integrate our product and services in ways that better solve our users’ most challenging information management problems
- Make interaction and visual design recommendations based on test results, field research, usability sessions, etc.
- Compare and contrast various design solutions, and make decisions which take technical and resource constraints into account
- Contribute to the Veritas Design Language, our company-wide UI standards, where your work will not only appear in one Veritas product, but will be used in all of them.
- Be an inspiration and mentor for junior team members
- Take a leadership role in the ongoing development of company-wide UX guidelines
- Lead and actively support the User Experience Design community
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- B.A./B.S. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Engineering, Industrial Design, related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 - 8 years’ experience designing complex software products, including at least 3 years leading UI Design projects
- Demonstrated skill in leading cross-disciplinary design/ideation sessions
- Knowledge and proficiencies in wire-framing, prototyping, and creating mockups
- Strong project management skills
- Exemplary ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across teams/groups/functions
- Enthusiasm, creativity and a desire to work with an innovative team
- An interest in applying UX methodologies within the framework of Agile Development
- Ability to draft UX engagement plans, which outline design and usability goals and process for achieving those goals, for consumption by cross-functional product teams. Plans could span multiple releases, device types, multiple products, and even product lines
- Perform basic user research (including user testing, focus groups, surveys, etc.) and develop and execute collaborative plans for addressing research findings
- Ability to create quick storyboards to illustrate early conceptual discussions/demos
- Drive to continually "raise the bar" and be an effective leader of positive change
- Passions for creating customer experiences that resonate on an emotional level
- Experience building applications that integrate multiple REST APIs
- Sense of humor is a plus!
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .