AEROTEK INC Designer in WAUSAU, Wisconsin
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Prepare detailed working diagrams of machinery and mechanical devices, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information. Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials. Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery, using computer-assisted equipment. Confer with customer representatives to review schematics and answer questions pertaining to installation of systems. Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems. Design scale or full-size blueprints of specialty items such as furniture and automobile body or chassis components. Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies, tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment. Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines. Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems. Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems. Position instructions and comments onto drawings. Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed. ***** OTHER EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS: Our valued client is looking for a Mechanical Designer to utilize Inventor (a 3D design software) to prepare and design engineering and manufacturing drawings. They design and manufacture simple and complex racking systems for commercial and manufacturing businesses. They will start designing part and component drawings and progress into their large structures and projects as they become comfortable with the product. The position is 90% designing behind a desk with the other 10% in project meetings, emails, etc. They will be working on multiple projects at a time, working with internal Structural PEs and external customers to meet needs and hit deadlines. When the Mechanical Designer changes something on a drawing one of the 6 senior engineers or PEs will need to recheck the work. They do have senior engineers to seek out to answer questions and check work before it makes it onto a customer or manufacturing. ***** APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: E-Mail a Rsum: email@example.com Call For Appointment: 715-261-6429 This position is listed by a private employment agency. The agency is the legal employer. No fee will be charged of the job applicant.